[vtkusers] [volume drilling]

John Fourkiotis gfourk at zeus.csd.auth.gr
Wed Jun 23 09:39:56 EDT 2004

Hello to everyone,
i downloaded the VTK 4.2, installed it and run a few examples, but the lib
looks huge :). Is volume drilling possible with VTK ? i mean, lets say
that we have a cube (represented by voxels), what we want is when we click
on the volume, a certain amount of material (lets say half a sphere of
radius R, chosen by the user) to be drilled,  or to be added, or to smooth
some part of it. Is this possible ? On what classes should i focus on ?
Would the result be fast enough for volumes of 256X256X256 Voxels ? I
would also like to ask you, if it is possible to read a number of TIFF
images and make a volume out of them with ready-made classes.

Thanx in advance

John Fourkiotis
Mechanical Engineering & Aeronautics