[vtkusers] Marching Contours Error

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Jun 9 13:08:06 EDT 2004

Could not reproduce the problem using mcubes.tcl:

vtkImageData img
   img ShallowCopy [v16 GetOutput]

so please send us the code you were using, thanks.

Mathieu
Script used:

package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction
package require vtktesting

# Create the RenderWindow, Renderer and both Actors
#
vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
     renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
     iren SetRenderWindow renWin

# create pipeline
#
vtkVolume16Reader v16
   v16 SetDataDimensions 64 64
   [v16 GetOutput] SetOrigin 0.0 0.0 0.0
   v16 SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian
   v16 SetFilePrefix "$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/headsq/quarter"
   v16 SetImageRange 1 93
   v16 SetDataSpacing 3.2 3.2 1.5
   v16 Update

vtkImageData img
   img ShallowCopy [v16 GetOutput]

vtkMarchingContourFilter iso
   iso SetInput img
   iso SetValue 0 1125

vtkPolyDataMapper isoMapper
   isoMapper SetInput [iso GetOutput]
   isoMapper ScalarVisibilityOff

vtkActor isoActor
   isoActor SetMapper isoMapper
   eval [isoActor GetProperty] SetColor $antique_white

vtkOutlineFilter outline
   outline SetInput [v16 GetOutput]
vtkPolyDataMapper outlineMapper
   outlineMapper SetInput [outline GetOutput]
vtkActor outlineActor
   outlineActor SetMapper outlineMapper
   outlineActor VisibilityOff

# Add the actors to the renderer, set the background and size
#
ren1 AddActor outlineActor
ren1 AddActor isoActor
ren1 SetBackground 0.2 0.3 0.4
renWin SetSize 200 200
[ren1 GetActiveCamera] Elevation 90
[ren1 GetActiveCamera] SetViewUp 0 0 -1
[ren1 GetActiveCamera] Dolly 1.5

ren1 ResetCameraClippingRange

renWin Render

# render the image
#
iren AddObserver UserEvent {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
wm withdraw .