[vtkusers] Marching Contours Error

gcope at engin.umich.edu gcope at engin.umich.edu
Wed Jun 9 12:56:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I don't seem to have much luck getting responses, but here goes:

I am getting an "Update Extent does not lie within Whole Extent" error upon
execution of a Marching Contours filter. This also results in a memory access
error in vtkImageMarchingCubes.cxx at the line "g[2] = (float)(ptr[inc2]) -
(float)(ptr[-inc2]);"

What caused the error is attempting to use a ShallowCopy of a filters output as
the input to the MarchingContour filter rather than directly connecting them.
When they are directly connected, everything works fine. Does doing a
ShallowCopy modify the data extent somehow?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie