[vtkusers] How can I get isolines from a FloatArray Data, I used vtkContourFilter???

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Thu Jun 3 05:17:34 EDT 2004

You have to set the input and map the output... like

vtkContourFilter->SetInput(vtkPolyData);
vtkPolyDataMapper->SetInput(vtkContourFilter->GetOutput());

Also... quote:
" You can either use the method SetValue() to specify each
  contour value, or use GenerateValues() to generate a
  series of evenly spaced contours... "

There are also a lot of samples shipped with VTK concerning
vtkContourFilter. You can find them linked in the help files...

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255

Hi,
I have a set of 3D points, I kept them in a FloatArray of real data.
Then I used a polyData structure by doing SetPoints and GetPointData()SetScalars().
How to draw the isolines from thees points. I used vtkContourFilter but he record this error :
"ERROR: In C:\tp\Lib\VTK40\Graphics\vtkContourFilter.cxx, line 166
vtkContourFilter (0272B520): No data to contour"