[vtkusers] displaying constant sized vectors, but not zero vectors

Matt Schmiermund matt at plasticflow.com
Mon Jul 26 12:12:35 EDT 2004

I am trying to use vtkGlyph3d to display vector data.
It works fine when I am scaling the arrows by the
vector magnitude, but I am looking to display a
constant sized arrow with the color and a scalar bar
indicating magnitude.

The problem I am having is that the nodes with a 0.0 ,
0.0 , 0.0 vector have an arrow pointed in the x
direction, color coded to show it is zero. I don't
want these displayed at all. I have tried the SetRange
function for vtkGlyph3d as well as the SetScalarRange
function in vtkPolyDataMapper that is being used to
map the arrows and neither has worked.

If anyone has any ideas how I can accomplish this it
would be appreciated.

-Matt