[vtkusers] Running Tcl script in Linux Installation

Biswaroop Palit b_palit at rediffmail.com
Fri Jul 23 23:44:17 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi
I am new to VTK and to Tcl. I am having problems in executing the Tcl script in the ./VTK4.4/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Tcl directory. I am using the wish command in Redhat 9. I get the following error:

Error in startup script: can't find package vtk
    while executing
"package require vtk"
    (file "Cone.tcl" line 12)

I have gone through some earlier queries which suggested using "vtk" instead of "wish". However I am unable to locate the executable vtk in the  installation.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Biswaroop