[vtkusers] how do you normalize data points to be displayed?

Toth44 at aol.com Toth44 at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 09:37:51 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm at a loss on this problem so any help would be greatly
appreciated!

I've been working with a data set that I am trying to plot
I've been basing my effort off of the financial.tcl example
from on of the books. I can plot the entire population as a
whole (all points in one data set within one actor), but when
I try to plot the individual points one at a time I can not
get them to be displayed. I am also plotting the population
dataset as a whole which will render. Now I can get the
individual points to render if I add the extremity points
(high and low points) to each dataset that contains a single
data point, the points will then be rendered. The problem
with thus approach is that I want to be able to select each
individual point with a very concise bounding box. I've been
trying to normalize the data points before adding them to the
individual datasets but that is not working out to well. To
try this I've used my own algorithm and when that did not
work I found the vtkMath normalize function which also did not
accomplish what was intended. So my question is how do you
normalize the data points to plot them individually?

Again I am using the financial.tcl example and just extending
it by adding an individual dataset,
vtkDataObjectToDataSetFilter, splatterer, vtkContourFilter,
vtkPolyDataMapper, and vtkActor for each data point.

Please Help,
-Andrew