[vtkusers] VTK CVS + wxPython...

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at polymtl.ca
Fri Jul 23 05:14:00 EDT 2004

Mhm... I thought to be immune from C/C++ things. I just switched from Matlab to
Python because I was impressed by the Python capabilities (and also by the
speed/easy of use of VTK, that is also fairly well linked with Python). The
graphic part of Matlab is far poorer than the VTK one (for my applications, at
least), and with Python there are almost no limits on what you can implement.
Moreover, the integration of wxWindows in Python was just a charme for me,
because the last thing on which Matlab could be superior (the GUI building
process), now is old story. I built some small GUI using Boa Constructor and
wxPython and I was really satisfied.
Now, going back from Matlab/Python to C/C++ seems to me like going from the
Pentium IV (and above) Era to the ENIAC Era... but I can easily make mistakes,
viewing my lack of experience in Python/C/C++ related things.

Andrea.