[vtkusers] vtkImageClip in a loop

Madhusudhanan Balasubramanian madhu_lsu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 13:25:07 EDT 2004

Hi all,

when I update the extents to be clipped using vtkImageClip in a for loop, though I call Update() method explicitly after setting new extents, the getOutput()->GetScalarPointer() always gets the same memory address and the data.  Should I do something to request it to update the pipeline in another way?

imageClip->SetInput(imageVolume);
extents = imageVolume->GetExtent();

for (z = 0; z < zLimit; z++){
   extents[4] = extents[5] = z;
   imageClip->SetOutputWholeExtent(extents);
   imageClip->Update();

   //here imageClip->GetOutput()->GetScalarPointer() always returns the same memory address and data.
}

Thanks,
Madhu.