[vtkusers] Help with installing VTK from source code

Madhusudhanan Balasubramanian madhu_lsu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 13:11:04 EDT 2004

I guess you are trying to use tcl wrapper and directed it to use 'c:\documenta and settings\vidya\desktop'.  If so, while running the cmake, (may be choose the show advanced variables(?) option and make sure you set all the paths relevant to the wrapper).

Madhu.

After running Cmake, when I choose 'build' it gives me an error saying "Cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\vidya\Desktop\tcl.libI couldn't find tcl.lib on my computer. Am I missing something? I do have Tcl installed already though.Please help!-vidya>Hi Vidya,>Open the project file and if you are using visual studio, choose build >option to build the project.  It takes a while to build.  And by the way, >do not choose 'build all' option with the environment, this deletes some of >the files created by the CMake and the build may not complete.  If you have >already tried 'build all' and if it didn't complete successfully, delete >the binary directory created by the cmake and rerun cmake and choose >'build'.>>Madhu.>>--------------------------------->>Hi,I have downloaded the source code for VTK for Windows, ran CMake, and >built vtk.dsw. Now how do I actually install VTK on my >computer?Thanks,Vidya>>>