EXTERNAL: Re: [vtkusers] LS-Dyna

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Jul 15 12:30:55 EDT 2004

Rupert Shute wrote:
> Mathieu,
> We would like to have some form of solution towards the end of Aug. Our
> analysts are finding it impossible to use LS-Post on the large datasets they
> are generating,

> was kind of assuming I could use vtkUnstructuredGrid's to represent any data
> that may come out of an FEA code.

"any data" might be going to far, but if your data is very large, a non
trivial thing for your reader would be to implement "piece streaming", N
cells out of M. I have done it for one in-house format and the
performance is worth the additional effort.

Cheers
Jean

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch