[vtkusers] vtkTextActor with border --> vtkCaptionActor2D ??

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at polymtl.ca
Thu Jul 15 09:22:47 EDT 2004

Hello NG,

      with the very useful suggestion from Vladan Bato, at last I'm able to put
text on my 3D grid without worrying about the scale. I have another question to
you VTK guru:

If I would like to put a border around my text, should I use vtkCaptionActor2D
instead of vtkTextActor? Will it have the same behavior (follow the camera,
scale problems and so on)? By googling around, I found a bug in the VTK
phpBugTracker - Bug List, and precisely here:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=558&pos=27

I'm not so familiar with VTK, but what I understood is that if I have a
viewport on my window, I can not use this useful VTK functionality because the
border will be shifted wrt the text. Is it correct? If it is correct, is there
any other way to accomplish my task?

Thanks for all pointers/suggestions.

Andrea.