[vtkusers] use vtk in matlab!

Nick Arini nick.arini at amersham.com
Wed Jul 14 05:33:40 EDT 2004

Hi Xujf,

You could try using Matlab C MEX files. This is a mechanism provided by
Mathworks to allow construction of computationally complex number
crunching in the C language while providing a wrapper to access it from
Matlab proper. There are 2 parts to a MEX file:

1, A computational routine written in C and compiled with the matlab mex
compiler and
2, a gateway routine that interfaces the routine with Matlab by the entry
point mexFunction.

The gateway then calls the computational routine as a subroutine.
Documentation for MEX can be found in the Matlab External Interfaces
manual.

If you implement a VTK application in C++ you might be able to wrap it up
as a MEX function.

However I have *NOT* tried this and have no idea if it will work. Please
keep up posted if you make any progress.

Best regards,

Nick

xujf <xujf at sjtu.edu.cn>
Sent by: vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org