[vtkusers] 3D Axes For User Orientation...

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at polymtl.ca
Tue Jul 13 16:47:11 EDT 2004

Selon Amy Henderson <amy.henderson at kitware.com>:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Try using vtkOrientationMarkerWidget. Take a look at
> VTK/Hybrid/Testing/Cxx/TestOrientationMarkerWidget.cxx
>
> - Amy

Hi Amy,

   thank you a lot for your suggestion... I think that probably it is too
complicated for me (I know I know, I should learn C/C++, but Python is so nice
and simple...). I don't have Python here at home, and I don't know if this
class is present in the vtkpython wrappers (Python 2.3, VTK 4.2.4). I will try
it tomorrow, but I don't have a big expectation on my ability to understand the
example in VTK/Hybrid/Testing/Cxx/TestOrientationMarkerWidget.cxx (and also to
understand what the documentation for vtkOrientationMarkerWidget says about
it... it is quite complex for a non-english person ;-) ).
   Anyway, thank you for your interest on this question. If someone else has
other suggestion, please let me know.

Andrea.