[vtkusers] vtkFollower/vtkVectorText and SetScale Problem...

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at polymtl.ca
Tue Jul 13 16:29:17 EDT 2004

Selon Jeff Lee <jeff at cdnorthamerica.com>:

> Hi Andrea,
> Try vtkTextActor.  You can make it use scaled text (as a fraction of
> viewport height) and position it in world coordinates(it will follow
> that world coordinate, and always face the camera).  Have a look at the
> vtk examples for vtkTextActor linked from the man pages.
> -Jeff

Hello Jeff,

      Thanks for your interest on my question. I've taken a look to the
examples provided for vtkTextActor (for Python, I only have TestText.py), but
it seems to me that it can be used only to place text in a 2D world... and I
have a 3D structured grid filled with scalars and many other Actors in my VTK
window. Am I wrong? Can I use it also in a 3D world with 3D coordinates to
positioning it?

Sorry for the probably silly question...

Andrea.