[vtkusers] VTK installation problem

Sarzynski, Melanie D melanies at neo.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 13 10:37:30 EDT 2004

I have been trying for a week to install VTK onto my Windows XP machine.  I
downloaded tcl832.exe for TCL and installed it.  I then downloaded vtk42-
LatestRelease.exe.  The both use the standard WISE installation wizard.  The
TCL install resulted in new icons on my Start Window, but the VTK didn't.
When I try to test it out by clicking on an example file, I get an error:

can't find package vtk
while executing
"package require vtk"
(file "C:Program Filesvtk42
ExamplesVisualizationAlgorithmsTclColorIsosurface.tcl" Line 5)

I don't want to build either program from the source, but rather from the
pre-compiled binaries.  I have tried setting the environment variable
TCL_LIBRARY="C:/Program Files/Tcl/lib/tcl83.lib"

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Melanie