[vtkusers] Picking Point Problem

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Jul 9 11:04:55 EDT 2004

Andrea,

> Hello Mathieu,
>
>       thanks for the suggestion, but that does not help me a lot... I
> approached VTK from Python, I don't know almost anything about the C/C++ base
> of VTK/Python. So, I got the file you suggest, but what I have to do? Delete
> the old one? Recompile all the VTK source? Download the VTK 4.4? It is not very
> clear for me...

  Search on google.com for
"Installing VTK 4.1.x on a windows PC"

Since the bug fix is not on ny branch you don't have any other choice than compiling yourself VTK. But this is an excellent experience, and once you'll get use to it, you'll be using VTK from CVS everyday :)

You just have to modify the file vtkPicker.cxx accordingly to:
http://vtk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Rendering/vtkPicker.cxx?r1=1.88&r2=1.89&root=VTK

BTW, you can use VTK from its compile directory, no need to install. Therefore you don't need any admin right (you can even install in a path where you have write access).

HTH
Mathieu