[vtkusers] Surface and Wireframe Together?

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at polymtl.ca
Tue Jul 6 16:09:14 EDT 2004

Hello NG,

      I have a 3D structured grid, which I can easily visualize using VTK in
Python. My problem is that I would like to visualize also the Wireframe of this
grid, in order to see the grid cells. I've tried to use 2 actors in order to
display them on the same frame, but I'm not able to obtain it.

I do not have Python here at home, so I can not check the code. But basically,
what I do is:

act1 = vtkpython.vtkActor()
act2 = vtkpython.vtkActor()

# Other stuff here (Sorry I do not have the source code nor Python at home...)

act2.GetOutput().SetRepresentationToWireframe()

# Then on the rendering window

renWin.AddActor(act1)
renWin.AddActor(act2)

I also would like to display the wireframe with a unique color (say black), to
have a representatio of the 3D grid with cell corners, faces and so on.

Could please someone post a simple example on how to accomplish these tasks in
Python?

Thank you all for your help.

Andrea.