[vtkusers] Problem with VolumeMapper & StructuredPointsReader

Hari Sundar hsundar at caip.rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 28 19:53:21 EST 2004

Hi,

I was trying to do something as simple as converting one of the Python/Tcl
examples into Cxx ... SimpleTextureMape2D.py ... the python example works

this is how my Cxx code (relevant part) looks ...

vtkStructuredPointsReader *reader = vtkStructuredPointsReader::New();
reader->SetFileName("ironProt.vtk");

vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D *volumeMapper = vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D::New();
volumeMapper->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());

when I compile this .. I get this error ,,,

simple.cxx:104: no matching function for call to
`vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D::
   SetInput(vtkStructuredPoints*)'
/usr/local/src/VTK-4.2/Rendering/vtkVolumeMapper.h:59: candidates are:
virtual
   void vtkVolumeMapper::SetInput(vtkImageData*)

what did I do wrong ???

thanks,
-Hari