[vtkusers] Error in creating render window

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Jan 28 13:33:19 EST 2004

Huiqun Zhou wrote:
> Dear VTKUsers,
>
> I recently compiled and installed the latest release of VTK (4.2.5). But
> I  run any example
> program which needs creating a render window, I always got the following
> message:
>    ERROR: In \VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 734
>    vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (01B0DAC0): wglCreateContext failed in
> CreateAWindow(), error: 1114
>
> What's wrong?
>
> I'm using Wondows XP professional. The code was compiled with VC++ 7.0
> (Visual Studio .NET)
> and there were no problems during compilation.
>
> Please help!
>
> Huiqun Zhou

Huiqun Zhou

	You can use the ML archive to search for answer to this question, I
tried a google search and I get:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-March/016655.html

http://www.alias.com/eng/support/maya/knowledgebase/systems/2788.jhtml

Issue:

wglCreateContext failed, Error code = 1114

Solution:

Error 1114 means dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine
failed. Most likely what failed is the OpenGL.dll.

This may be an issue with your graphics card/driver. Please make sure
you have
a qualified card and drivers, as listed in
[1]http://www.alias.com/qual_charts.

We have seen this error occur with customers who were using compressed
drives under Windows XP.