[vtkusers] [VTK + Python] vtkProcess - vtkCommand - start/update/end events

Benoit Regrain benoit.regrain at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jan 21 04:54:27 EST 2004

Hi all

I would obtain the start, end and update events comming from a vtkProcessObject

Before, I used the SetStartMethod, SetEndMethod and SetUpdateMethod to make that
But now, I'm using the current nightly version of VTK and these methods don't recently exist

I think I must use the vtkCommand class to make that, but it isn't wrapped in python.
I intend to write a vtkPythonCommand class inheriting from vtkCommand but this class can't be instanciated...
Thus I have problems to compile my wrapped object

What is the good way to get the start, end and update events from python ?
Has anyone an exemple for me ?

Greatings

Benoit Regrain
Ingénieur d'études CNRS (Creatis)