[vtkusers] vtkPNGReader

Michael Dussere dussere at labri.fr
Mon Jan 12 09:14:38 EST 2004

You should try with an interactor so it won't terminate right after the
rendering and you could see what is happening...
You just have to had something like that :

  vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
  iren->SetRenderWindow(viewer->GetRenderWindow());

  viewer->Render();

  iren->Start();

David Macias Verde wrote:

> Yes, I've tried that you suggest but I get the error "Xlib:  extension
> "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
>
> I do not know if it is working because the application close instantly
> after it is up on the screen and I can't see what is happening.
>
> I have other applications giving the same error but they work, so I
> really don't know whether it is because of the Xlib trouble or because
> some other reason why it should't be right.
>
> I am getting this error since I moved to Fedora Core 1 (still running
> the original kernel 2.4.22). I have an ATI mobility Radeon 6 and
> my Screen Section in XFConfig 86 is:
>

> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "Videocard0"
>     Driver      "radeon"
>     VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
>     BoardName   "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier "Screen0"
>     Device     "Videocard0"
>     Monitor    "Monitor0"
>     DefaultDepth     24
>     SubSection "Display"
>         Depth     16
>         Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
>     EndSubSection
>     SubSection "Display"
>         Depth     24
>         Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
>     EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> Section "DRI"
>     Group        0
>     Mode         0666
> EndSection
>

> Regards,
>
> David
>
> .On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:21:04 +0100, Michael Dussere
> <dussere at labri.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Why don't you use something like this ? :
>>
>> vtkPNGReader *pngreader = vtkPNGReader::New();
>>   pngreader->SetFileName("blabla");
>>
>> vtkImageViewer *viewer = vtkImageViewer::New();
>>   viewer->SetInput(pngreader->GetOutput());
>>
>> Does it produce any error or what ???
>>
>> Michael.

|   Michael Dussere                         |
|   Ingénieur Expert INRIA                  |
|   UR Futurs, projet ScAlApplix            |
|         http://www.labri.fr/epsn          |
|   E-mail: dussere at labri.fr                |
|   Phone : (33) 5 40 00 38 21              |
|   Fax   : (33) 5 40 00 38 95              |