[vtkusers] vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter problem

Sebastián Ordás sebordas at unizar.es
Thu Jan 8 13:32:57 EST 2004

Hi,
I have a doubt regarding the vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter functionality. I have two sets of vtkPolyDatas which come from
a triangulation on the same object, but having a different number of points. If I align each set as RigidBody
I get the same mean shapes (with GetMeanPoints()) , but when using the Similarity option I get two mean shapes of different size. Is it correct to expect getting mean shapes of the same size? If not, how can I estimate the corresponding scaling factor?
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Sebastian