[vtkusers] direct memory access from Tcl

H. Vidal, Jr. hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Mon Jan 5 17:04:27 EST 2004

vtkDataArray::GetPointer looks like a place to start.

I know as of something like 4.2.3 (?) the default tcl build would export
this method for vtkDataArray children that were byte arrays
(vtkCharArray?) but this was not exported for any other type of child. I
believe one can specify this for export via some kind of cmake hacking and
black magic. I just tracked down the exported version for the byte array,
and adapted it to other children of vtkDataArray as needed. This allowed
me to copy data directly from C (via SWIG) to vtk, and process/analyze
there.

Hope that helps.

H.Vidal, Jr.
Tesseract Technology