[vtkusers] direct memory access from Tcl

Erin McKay MckayEr at SESAHS.NSW.GOV.AU
Mon Jan 5 16:19:34 EST 2004

Hi All

I wonder if someone could enlighten me: the Tcl interface to VTK (4.3 on OS X) seems to lack any methods that return memory addresses. These methods would, I feel, be very useful for integrating VTK into existing scripted applications (well, my scripted applications anyhoo). I have read the reference manual and guide but cannot find a description of the reasoning behind their exclusion. Are they really not available? Is this likely to change? Is there a work-around?

regards

Erin McKay
Dept. Nuclear Medicine, St. George Hospital
ph: +61 (0)2 9350 3112 ext: 3130