[vtkusers] vtkExtractVOI + vtkXMLImageDataWriter,Reader breakage

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Sun Feb 29 16:11:02 EST 2004

With the attached (constructed) Python sample, I get segfaults on both
Windows and Linux with VTK CVS checkouts around 2004/02/12.

It seems that if you do anything like:
someData -> vtkExtractVOI -> vtkXMLImageDataWriter
and then try to read the output back in with vtkXMLImageDataReader, you
are rewarded with a segmentation fault.  Removing the vtkExtractVOI
(i.e. short-circuiting it) means everything runs fine.

So, 2 questions:
1. Can you reproduce the error?
2. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

I've had a quick look with my debugger, but my Sunday evening brain is
running at a somewhat lower gear.

Thanks,
Charl