[vtkusers] Compile error for VTK4.2 om Mandrake 9.2

Hans Kristian Ruud h-kri-ru at online.no
Sat Feb 28 18:43:16 EST 2004

>===== Original Message From Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>
=====
>Hans,
>
>> Thanks for the advice, but i still get the compile error.
>
>Did you do a *complete* rebuild ? If not I strongly suggest you do so.
Otherwise I just built VTK 4.2 with gcc 3.2 without problems.
>Please send me the following:
>
>1.)  What version of CMake are you using?

[root at localhost VTK]# cmake -version
cmake version 1.8.3

>2.)  A copy of CMakeCache.txt from the build tree.
>
>3.)  A copy of CMakeError.log from the build tree.
>
>4.)  What was the exact CMake configuration command you used to generate the
build tree?

Here follows the dialogue; cut and pasted:

[root at localhost VTK]# cmake -i
Would you like to see advanced options? [No]:
Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

Variable Name: BUILD_EXAMPLES
Current Value: ON
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
Current Value: ON
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY
syntax should this version of CMake allow.
Current Value: 1.8
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
CMAKE_C_FLAGS used) Debug Release RelWithDebInfo MinSizeRel.
Current Value: Release
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
Current Value: /usr/local
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH
Current Value: /usr/include/python2.3
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: PYTHON_LIBRARY
python22, python2.2, python2.2.dll, python21, python2.1, python2.1.dll,
python20, python2.0, python2.0.dll, python16, python1.6, python1.6.dll,
python15, python1.5 or python1.5.dll libraries be found
Current Value: /usr/lib/python2.3/config/libpython2.3.so
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: PYTHON_UTIL_LIBRARY
Current Value: /usr/lib/libutil.so
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: TCL_INCLUDE_PATH
Current Value: /usr/include
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: TCL_LIBRARY
tcl8.2, tcl80 or tcl8.0 libraries be found
Current Value: /usr/lib/libtcl.so
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: TK_INCLUDE_PATH
Current Value: /usr/include
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: TK_LIBRARY
tk80 or tk8.0 libraries be found
Current Value: /usr/lib/libtk.so
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_DATA_ROOT
Current Value: /usr/local/VTK/VTKData
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_USE_HYBRID
Current Value: OFF
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_USE_PARALLEL
Current Value: OFF
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_USE_PATENTED
require a license to use.
Current Value: ON
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_USE_RENDERING
Current Value: ON
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_WRAP_JAVA
Current Value: OFF
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_WRAP_PYTHON
Current Value: ON
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Variable Name: VTK_WRAP_TCL
Current Value: ON
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

CMake complete, run make to build project.

[root at localhost VTK]#

>Thanks
>Mathieu

Thank you for your continuing efforts.