[vtkusers] Smoothing

Ted Vu lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:48:12 EST 2004

Good morning

I have a vtkPolyData (one big parallelogram) which consists of many
parallelograms (I got this from vtkPlaneSource) and I have color coded each
of the cells to some color corresponding to a scalar

But this looks very 'pixelated'
I cannot increase teh number of cells/resolution (i.e the number of smaller
parallelograms in my big parallelogram) becaus this significantly reduces
speed etc..

So I tried using vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter by doing teh following:

       Smoother = vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter::New();
	Smoother->SetNumberOfIterations(100);
	Smoother->FeatureEdgeSmoothingOn();
	Smoother->SetInput(myPolyData->GetOutput());

but this makes absolutely no difference

I also treid teh same with Smoother = vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter::New();

So how can I sort of 'blur' all these parallelograms so it doesnt look so
pixelated?