[vtkusers] compling errors .NET 2003 /help please

H Ge h_ge at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:11:03 EST 2004

Dear Ingo

Many thanks for your prompt response.  Following your suggestions I tried
to create .net solution using CMAKE.  Initially there was no
VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB option on my CMAKE, I added the following

SET(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB_DEFAULT ON)
IF(NOT CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
  IF(CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL MATCHES "devenv")
    SET(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB_DEFAULT OFF)
  ENDIF(CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL MATCHES "devenv")
ENDIF(NOT CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
OPTION(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB "Use the ANSI standard iostream
library"${VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB_DEFAULT})
MARK_AS_ADVANCED(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB)

to VTKBuildSettings.cmake file the option VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB appeared on
the CMAKE with OFF.  Then I turned it ON.  But when I compiled the
generated .net solution the same error occurred again..."can not find file
iostream.h".

By the way, I also changed

SET(CMAKE_BUILD_SETTING_BUILD_TOOL
"c:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/Common/MSDev98/Bin/msdev.com")
SET(CMAKE_BUILD_SETTING_BUILD_TOOL
"c:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~1.NET/Common7/IDE/devenv.com")

in VTKBuildSettings.cmake file.  Otherwise, the CMAKE did not work.

Can you give me more suggestions on how to solve the problem?  p.s. Is it
possible to generate .net solution directly in .NET instead of through
CMAKE?  It seems OK with MVC 6.0.  But with .NET(vc7.1) the "can not find
file iostream.h" errors occurred.

Sorry to take up your time.

All the best/haifang