[vtkusers] VISUALIZE raw slices - brainweb -

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Feb 21 10:52:26 EST 2004

Hi Christos,

If you really want to write the code yourself
you may want to look at the tutorial sessions

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular to

    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf

Where the connection between ITK and VTK are
explained.

Note that Andy Cedilnik recently added a MetaImage
reader to VTK. You no longer need to use the raw
readers. This new MetaImage reader is available in
the CVS version of VTK.

The pixel data of the brainweb images is 8bits
represented as 'unsigned char'.

--

If you just need to visualize contours in
this data you can use ParaView or VolView.

A)  ParaView is an open source application built
     on top of VTK. You can download source code
     and binaries from

        www.paraview.org

     It reads MetaImage formats directly and
     have filters for contouring.

     ParaView is free (as in 'Freedom' and as
     in 'Free Beer')

B)  VolView has a free version distributed
     in binary that can be downloaded from

    http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html

Regards,

   Luis