[vtkusers] using itcl with vtk on windows

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Fri Feb 20 14:06:43 EST 2004

I never needed the braces on WinXP but you definitely need FORWARD
slashes, not back slashes as is common to Windows....john

Marcio Antonio Mathias <marcio_mathias at yahoo.com>
Sent by: vtkusers-admin at vtk.org
02/20/2004 01:41 PM

        To:     vtkusers at vtk.org
        cc:     (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
        Subject:        Re: [vtkusers] using itcl with vtk on windows

Katherine,

Did you include braces when setted the TCLLIBPATH
variable?
e.g.:

TCLLIBPATH= {c:/vtk421/lib/vtk/tcl}

/Marcio.

--- Katherine Kerekes <kerekes at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hello vtkusers,
>
> I am using Windows XP and I have installed vtk 4.2
> and itcl/itk 3.1 with
> tcl/tk 8.3 from binaries.
>
> I was building an application in tcl and running it
> with vtk.exe.  This
> worked fine, but now I want to make my code object
> oriented using itcl.
> I want to run my application from itclsh instead of
> with vtk.exe.
>
> I can't figure out how to set up my vtk libraries so
> that tcl can find
> them.  I read that you can set an environment
> variable TCLLIBPATH-this
> environment variable didn't exist, but I created it
> and set it to the
> right directory.  Still I can't find the vtk
> packages.  I tried
> requiring the packages one by one, vtkCommonTcl,
> vtkIOTCL, etc. and I
> moved these dlls to the tcl bin directory, but it
> still can't find them.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  Do I need to
> build vtk, itcl, itk by
> hand and configure them differently?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Katherine Kerekes