[vtkusers] Problem with VP500 on vtk4.5 - render window blank

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Sun Feb 15 19:59:26 EST 2004

Hello John,

There is no error message if you create a vtkVolumeProMapper - that always
works but does not produce any results unless one of the subclasses is
compiled. When you use a VolumePro mapper you should always check the
NoHardware, WrongVLIVersion, and NumberOfBoards ivars to see if everything
is OK for rendering.

This class was removed because the hardware and drivers are quite old now,
and we cannot continue to test this class.  Perhaps this was announced on
the developer's list, I'm not sure.

Lisa