[vtkusers] Compiling VTK 4.2 under MacOS 10.3.2

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 13 11:59:56 EST 2004

On 13 févr. 2004, at 15:41, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> On Friday 13 February 2004 14:50, you wrote:
>
>> You could, for example, install the vtk package from Fink and see if
>> this works.
>
> Checking Fink was of course my first attempt, but the Fink site says
> that
> there is no vtk package, although I have seen references to such a
> package on
> various Web sites. Perhaps there was one in earlier Fink releases?

Hmm, I don't quite know where you looked, but if you see cmake-1.8.2
(now 1.8.3), you should also see vtk. They were introduced to Fink
together. See http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/vtk but
notice also that that database, being dynamic, is often in an
incomplete state. It is better to look on you harddisk

find /sw/fink/dists -name vtk\*

I have also packages for vtk-4.4 and for mayavi, but unfortunately the
API incompatibility between vtk-4.2 and vtk-4.4 prevents me to put them
up in Fink for the moment (they are on the Fink cvs site, however).
This is a pity, because the python wrapping for Mac OSX 10.3 does not
work with vtk-4.2 and works with 4.4.

--
Martin