[vtkusers] Re: IRIX compilation error

Michael Rice michaelarice at knology.net
Fri Feb 6 12:00:47 EST 2004

The release notes are correct. I've tested this on several MIPSpro 7.4.1
installations and they all add the -LANG:std argument by default; I have
not modified the compiler.defaults file. Including the -show option on the
CC command line will show all of the arguments for each of the compiler
phases.

Michael

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:40:47 -0500, "William A. Hoffman"
<billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote :

> One thing you can do is this:
>
> cd /var/tmp/VTK/build/Utilities/DICOMParser
> make VERBOSE=1
>
> Then see what flags are actually being used for the compiler.
> I don't think we could be adding LANG:std=off, but from the
> message it looks like the release notes are lying.
>
> -Bill
>
> At 10:25 AM 2/6/2004, Michael Rice wrote:
> >It does look like the -LANG:std setting is not being set. The odd part
is that the MIPSpro 7.4.1 compiler is supposed to set that flag by default
(that is a difference from the 7.3 compilers).

> > From chapter 4 of the 7.4.1 release notes:
> >
> >         The MIPSpro 7.4 C++ compiler is based on version 2.45 of the
> >         Edison Design Group front end. It provides improvements in
> >         ANSI standard compliance over the MIPSpro 7.3 C++ versions.
> >         As such, it sets -LANG:std=on by default. If necessary, this
> >         can be overriden to the MIPSpro 7.3 default behavior in one
> >         of three ways
> >            - By setting -LANG:std=off on the command line
> >            - By adding -LANG:std=off to the compiler.defaults file.
> >              For more information on setting up a compiler.defaults
> >              file see the pe_environ(5) man page.
> >            - By setting the new SGI_C++ environment variable to "-
> >              LANG:std=off".
> >
> >Michael
> >
> >>William A. Hoffman wrote:
> >>
> >>Try starting with a clean build, then set CXXFLAGS to "-LANG:std".
> >>I think it should work then.   It looks like that is required for
> >>the DICOM stuff to build.
> >>
> >>-Bill

This

of "/var/tmp/VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser/DICOMFile.cxx".