[vtkusers] SetActiveAttribute

Cleo Pau ipau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Wed Feb 4 07:03:31 EST 2004

Hi,

We wrote an application based on vtk. The input is a dataset, for which
we have several scalar and vector attributes. We read the geometry by
using vtkDataSetReader, and we add the attributes with AddArray to the
CellData.

What we want to do is to select for example one of the vectors and see
the hedgehog for our data set and the selected vector attribute. Then,
when selecting a new vector, to see the new hedgehog. We thought that we
could do this with SetActiveAttribute.

But, it seems to have effect only for the first selected attribute. In
the example, I can see the hedgehog corresponding to the initially
selected vector (before the creation of the pipeline). Once the pipeline
is created, I cannot update it to use the new selected vector.
GetActiveAttribute reports though the selected vector. I tried calling
the Update method everywhere in the pipeline with no effect.

How could we solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion,
Cleo