[vtkusers] Question: how to send vtk output/image into WxWindow cell of interface?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Feb 2 13:57:46 EST 2004

Quan,

	It's usually a good idea to share your problem with the community, just
CC the vtkusers ML.

	If I recommended wxWindows 2.4.2 this is just because this is the only
release (after 2.2.9) that behaves well with VTK. You can pick any
version you want, but I warned you.

	As for the linux version, I am not sure I understand your question. Are
you talking about the kernel version ? Or are you speaking about linux
distribution ? In both case anything will work as soon as you have the
right wxWindows version. So either use rpm or apt to check the version
number.

	Did you buy the VTK User Guide ? If so you'll find everything you need
on the CD. Just use cmake to generate the Makefiles and then compile VTK
using the usual 'make' command.

	BTW, if you don't feel confortable with unix/linux you can just do
everything on Microsoft Windows/MacOSX (wxWindows as well as VTK are
cross plateform).

HTH
Mathieu