[vtkusers] Image shows up and disappears immediately

Mayuresh Dalal mayur_vtk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 16:27:20 EST 2004

Hello Everybody,

I think I have an Interactor style problem, but Im not sure.

Ok , hers the deal. I am copying data from 1 framebuffer using

unsigned char *my_pixels = (unsigned
char*)renWin->GetRGBACharPixelData(.......);

I perform some operations on the data and display it onto another window
using

vtkRenderWindow *resultWindow = vtkRenderWindow::New();
int x = (int)resultWindow->SetPixelData(........);

This window has no  actor/mapper/etc. I just want a window to view the
changes I make to the RGBA data in my "unsigned char *my_pixels"   buffer.

I also have an interactor for this window which is initialized and started
at the end. I think this is why the window stays on even (blank) after the
image in my window goes away.

the image shows up and then disappears immediately leaving the resultWindow
blank.

I want the image to stay on and I dont even want to interact with it.

Can some of you gurus help me do this? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mayur