[vtkusers] vtk + cygwin + javawrap = hell!

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 02:12:55 EST 2004

Hello

I am trying to build vtk with java wrapping under cygwin. The building
process stops when compiling vtkJavaUtil.cxx file complaining about not
finding mapiform.h header.

1) Clearly mapiform.h is a header which comes with visual studio. I don't
know why cmake dosen't get rid of it when it is set for cygwin.

2) This question has been asked here before a few time, e.g.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-September/069759.html ,
but no proper answer or at least I was not able to find it (Why doesn't
kitware use a more modern newsgroup interface? There are many free ones
around for God's sake).

3) I am using sun JDK 1.5 installed via a windows setup.

As some people were able to build vtk+java under cygwin, it seems I am
missing something. I hope someone has an answer to this problem. This would
particularly include mathieu who claims it is possible!
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-March/072262.html).