[vtkusers] access to vertex scalar value according to texture.

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Dec 22 07:43:09 EST 2004

Hello!
i need to drawome texture on torus, and smooth it using some operators.
my first step was to add texture to my vtkactor. and it draw it good.
now i need to know what is the scalar value of each vertex according to
the texture.
i tried to use vtkTextureMapToPlane, find the coordinates and take the
value for my texture image, but it seems to destroy some of the texture
on the torus. actually all the texture on the y axis erasing.
can someone know how to access to vertex scalar value according to texture?
Thanks!

--
Moti Freiman.
Medical Image Processing and Computer-Assisted Surgery Laboratory.
E-mail: freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
WWW site: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~freiman