[vtkusers] Is it surface/volume rendering for VE?

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 20 18:12:20 EST 2004

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 11:55:10PM +0200, Mohamed Sabry wrote:
> Dear VtkUsers,
>
> I need to visualize the internal views of hollow organs. I tried both
> surface and volume rendering of vtk. However, i never get the output
> provided by commercial packages such as
>
> http://www.vitalimages.com/vipage.aspx?pg=ct-colonography
>
> My questions are, if you already saw that website.
>
> 1. Are they using surface/volume rendering (I believe surface!)

I'm pretty sure it's surface rendering.

> 2. How to achieve that quality using vtk. Is it a light problem, or
> rendering technique one.

You did not say what the problem was with your implementation, so it's
hard to comment.  However, I did recently see a commercial colonoscopy
application based on VTK.  The output was comparable to that of the
vital images website, so I suspect it's possible to do.

-Steve