[vtkusers] linking warnings (dynamic library)

Marius S Giurgi rendezvous at dreamxplosion.com
Tue Dec 7 10:56:42 EST 2004

Does anyone know why am I getting this linking warnings every time I'm
building?
(I'm using VTK4.4 on Mac OS X 10.3.6)

ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result in
errors or different symbols being used

symbol _crc32 used from dynamic library /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib(crc32.o)
not from earlier dynamic library
/Developer/VTK/build/bin/libvtkzlib.dylib(crc32.o)
symbol _get_crc_table used from dynamic library
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib(crc32.o) not from earlier dynamic library
/Developer/VTK/build/bin/libvtkzlib.dylib(crc32.o)
(and so on so forth. There are about 20 warnings of this type about
"dynamic library")

Should I be getting these warnings?
Should I use some settings to get rid of them? (or just not display
them)

thanks,
marius