[vtkusers] Re: Transformations

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Aug 30 11:45:04 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,

Try setting the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform as a UserTransform of the
source actor... if you just want the models registered in viewport. Beware
this bug though: http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1055&pos=4

Or try using vtkTransformPolyDataFilter with the
vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform as the transform if you want to transform
the actual model data.

hth

Goodwin

"Sean Richards" <sean at millwood.ca> wrote in message
news:31922233.1093873733001.JavaMail.sean at millwood.ca...
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to use ICP in my program and I have run into a little glitch.
>
> I create some polydata, then put it through a mapper and then into an
actor. The user then manipulates the actor. At this point I want to be able
to use ICP to register 2 actors with each other. In order to do this I need

> actor->GetMapper()->GetInput()
>
> the problem is the original input does not move when I move the actor.
Does anyone know how to propogate the transformation done with the actor
into the original input?