[vtkusers] vtk application ends with error

Petru Pau ppau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu Aug 26 08:27:31 EDT 2004

Merci beaucoup, Aurelien!

Indeed, I am only working with the Visual Studio debugger.
It showed me some line of a C file that does not belong to VTK,
but I did not know what to do with this information. Anyway,
the call stak showed that the final function had been called
from a VTK class, so the vtk mailing list was the logical place
to ask the question.

Actually every now and then, more often than not, my application ends
with an error. If it is not the one that I've already reported, it's a
"Run-Time
Check Failure #0: The value of ESP was not properly saved across a
function call."
This apparently happens when I call a function declared with one calling
convention
with a function pointer declared with another pointer convention.

This always happens _after_ I play with a render window (modify
its size), and the debugger throws me in vtkopenglrenderer.cxx,
namely in the code of "Clear" function of the vtkOpenGLRenderer
class. The sentence is:

glClearDepth( (GLclampd)( 1.0 ) );

so I reckon that the pointer that messes things up is GLclampd. Can
I do anything about this?

Petru