[vtkusers] using vtkSmartPtrs

Harlow Eric D Contr 412 TW/ENR Eric.Harlow at edwards.af.mil
Tue Aug 24 22:05:29 EDT 2004

1.  How common is it to wrap vtk objects in vtkSmartPtrs?  This is causing a
memory leak in our code.

vtkSmartPtr<OpenGLRenderWindow>  RenderWindow_;

2.  We are placing all of the VTK functions in our VTK Application in a C++
dll library so that the end user doesn't have to be vtk expert.  Are there
some VTK developers out there that have had success in wrapping the VTK
member functions/objects in a C++ MFC dll?  It was easy enough when we were
building our test Application by calling the vtk functions either from the
MFC ViewClass or classes in the Application project space.

Thanks

-Eric