[vtkusers] Question on vtkDataArray::GetRange() anddoubles...

Charles Boivin Charles.Boivin at rwdiwest.com
Tue Aug 24 17:36:37 EDT 2004

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that I am using v4.2 ...
So moving up to 4.4 will solve that particular aspect. That's good to
know!

Thank you for your time. And I guess it made sense that I could not
find a function that returned doubles in the version I have.. :-)

Charles

>>> Amy Henderson <amy.henderson at kitware.com> 08/24/04 03:30pm >>>
What version of VTK are you using? For the VTK 4.4 release, a lot of
work
was done to move from doing most computations in float to doing them
with
doubles (precisely for the reason you mentioned -- too much precision
being
lost). The GetRange method of vtkDataArray is an example of this change

being exposed in the VTK API.

- Amy