[vtkusers] StreamTracer endpoints / streaklines

tom fogal tfogal at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Mon Aug 23 15:42:38 EDT 2004

I have two input datasets for which I want to generate streaklines for.
My idea is to generate two interpolated data sets, and trace a
streamline through the first. Then grab the endpoint of the streamline
from it, delete the first dataset, and trace a streamline (that I would
actually want to visualize) through the second dataset, using the
endpoint I grabbed from the first.

However I can't seem to figure out how to find the endpoint for a
streamline generated by vtkStreamTracer. Does anyone have any ideas on
how this might be possible? Should I grab the underlying FloatArrays
from StreamTracer and get the last tuple?

Alternatively, If anyone has started any work on generating streaklines
within VTK, I would appreciate hearing about it.

-tom