[vtkusers] Clipping Planes

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Wed Aug 11 09:11:32 EDT 2004

>Many thanks for replying. I have tried EVERYTHING. I have even tried
>reloading all the props into the renderer. I have checked the altered
>bounds on everything from the vtkUnstructuredGrid to the vtkPoints*
>pNodalGeometry. None of the bounds are altered after the change (which, I
>would imagine, is why the resetting of the clip planes has no effect). My
>workaround is:

If your bounds are not being recomputed, then you are missing a call to
Modified() somewhere - most likely down in your point data. Some of the set
methods are "fast' in that they don't check bounds and they don't call
Modified() - assuming that you will do this once at the end when you are
done with your modifications.

Lisa