[vtkusers] Re: Wiki Contribution

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Aug 10 11:36:33 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Should people just use their "user" pages to contribute, find a place in a
current page, or create their own pages?

If I remember correctly, the idea of the wiki was to document how people
were using vtk classes to accomplish specific tasks... like visualizing
unstructured grids of hex's.

It looks like the convention is that all VTK wiki pages begin with "VTK_" .
Is that so? Are there any other conventions that contributors should know
about?

To create a new page, just add the article title onto the base url (with
underscores for spaces). So to create a new article called "VTK Getting
Started", type " http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Getting_Started " into a
browser and you'll be brought to a new, empty page that can be edited.
There's never a dead link in a wiki... only pages that haven't been written
yet (that sounds like an Irish proverb!?).

These pages are helpful to start off:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Starting_a_new_page
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing

Anyway, thanks to kitware for setting the wiki up and Prabhu for the inital
idea

Goodwin

"James Robinson" <j.robinson at kepler-systems.com> wrote in message
news:20040810114352.274C71928E at public.kitware.com...
Dear All,

I am misunderstanding the Wiki, or has anybody made a contribution yet??
Anyway, I have just submitted a little article on vtkPlaneWidget (with which
I was having difficulty for the last few days).

All comments welcomed.

Regards,

Jim

James C Robinson, PhD, Chartered Engineer,
+     42 Rivergrove,
         Glanmire,
         Co. Cork,
         Eire