[vtkusers] about the run time lib of vtk(itk)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 9 23:05:17 EDT 2004

HI Yixun,

If you have libraries A and B on MS-Windows and

    A is build for Debug Multithread  DLL
    B is bulid for Debug Singlethread DLL

You *cannot* use them together in an application.

Note that you may *force* them to link by telling
the linker to silence its warnings, but that will
simply produce a dangerous executable that may
crash at any time. (and of course, it will always
choose the worst possible time   :-/    ).

You are lucky in this case, because one of the
libraries (VTK) is open source and you can recompile
it with the apropriate options.

    Isn't Open Source great ?    :-)

Regards,

   Luis