[vtkusers] import error in cone.py

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Aug 8 10:24:00 EDT 2004

>>>>> "SD" == soumen dey <sdcompengg at yahoo.com> writes:

    SD> hi!!!!  thnx for the reply.

Please keep messages on the mailing list so others can help and the
answers are archived.

    SD> Ok...i have build python-2.3.4 again now it can import os. I
    SD> have alrady executed python_d
    SD> c:\vtkbin\wrapping\python\setup.py.in install.

I am not sure why you are using python_d and not python.  Hmm, perhaps
the setup.py does not work with python_d, I am not sure.  What did the
setup.py install do?  Where did it put the DLL's and binaries?

[...]
    SD> I have set
    SD> PYTHONPATH=c:\vtkbin\bin\debug;c:\vtkbin\wrapping\python and
    SD> PATH contains c:\vtkbin\bin\debug where c:\vtkbin\bin\debug

I am not sure but are paths under Win2k/XP case sensitive or not?

    SD> contains all the dlls. Infact I have also copied all the dlls
    SD> and contents of c:\vtk\wrapping\python into c:\python\VTK and
    SD> created afile vtk.pth in c:\python which has the text "vtk".

That won't work at all.  I think the libraries should go into
c:\python\lib\site-packages\VTK and vtk.pth should be inside the
site-packages directory.

Hope this helps.

cheers,
prabhu